student who enrolled in a PhD or higher educational programme in Denmark, their can have a limited work permit in addition to your residence permit.
- The work permit allows you to work for up to 20 hours per week (in some cases only 15 hours per week)
- Your residence card will state say’s whether you are allowed to work 15 or 20 hours per week are not.
- Your permit as a student in Denmark can be revoked if you work illegally. if You work more hours than allowed by your permit (15 or 20 hours) then it comes under work illegally .In case of minor violations,
- E.G. if you have only exceeded the work limit with a few hours or for a short period of time, then your permit will not be revoked but you will receive a warning.
- A warning is valid for 2 years from the date SIRI decides to issue the warning.
- In addition, you can be fined for illegal work.
- If you continue to work illegally during the warning period then SIRI can revoke your permit, meaning you need to leave Denmark.
- If you exceed the work limit to a significant extent
- you will not receive a warning. SIRI will revoke your permit immediately, then you may leave Denmark. In this case, you can also be fined for illegal work.