Permanent Residence Netherland

  1. You need a  valid Dutch residence permit for 5 years or more directly before the application.
  2. Only the years from the moment you turned 8 years of age count towards the application for a permanent residence permit.
  3. In other words, you cannot get a permanent residence permit until the  you turn 13 and you have lived in the Netherlands since you were 8 years old with a valid residence permit.

The 5-year term does not apply when you fall under an exempt category.

  • You must follow the conditions of your residence permit.
  • You now have a residence permit for a non-temporary purpose.
  • You have had an uninterrupted 5-year stay in the Netherlands before submitting the application.
  • You are registered in the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP) in your place of residence (municipality).
  • You have an independent sufficient and sustainable income.
  • You have a civic integration diploma. This shows that you read, write, speak and understand sufficient Dutch. In some cases you do not have to take the civic integration examination.

You need to have valid passport or another travel document. and child must be included in the passport of one of the parents

  • You need to sign an antecedents certificate.
  • The antecedents certificate can be found in the application form.
  • In this certificate you provide information on your criminal record.
  • You state, for example, that you have not committed any crimes.

After arrived in the Netherlands, you need to undergo a medical test for tuberculosis (TB).

You are exempt from having to undergo a TB test in the following situations:

    1. You are the one nationality of countries listed in the appendix ‘Exemption from the obligation to undergo a tuberculosis (TB) test’
    2. You need to have  a valid residence permit in the Netherlands and you apply for a different residence permit.
    3. You are born in the Netherlands and have always lived here.
    4. You have done with a TB test in the Netherlands less than 6 months ago.
    5. You have an EU residence permit for long-term resident issued by another EU country or are a family member and were already admitted to another EU country as a family member of the long-term resident.


Leave a Reply